Join Nayatel's passionate team of 2000 who has transformed Islamabad, Rawalpindi, Faisalabad and Peshawar into world's top optical fiber connected cities. With continuous learning and development, excellent rewards and no nonsense culture, Nayatel offers best career for those who dare.
Job Title: Manager Database
Job Location: Islamabad
- Backups & Recovery (PITR), Oracle (RMAN, DATAPUMP,) PostgreSQL (pg basebackup, pg dump and pg dumpall)
- Implement and manage PostgreSQL (Hot Standby Database) and Oracle (Active Data-Guard).
- Maintain the integrity, security, performance and availability of databases.
- Perform Index maintenance, performance tuning, replication issue resolution and monitoring of databases.
- Demonstrate ability to analyze resource bottlenecks and provide suggestions to team, management, and internal customers on how to alleviate pressure and plan for capacity.
- Provide recommendations and strategies to application owners on how to improve performance and scalability of their database components.
- Design advanced SQL queries for generating the reports.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- 5+ years of Database Management experience working with PostgreSQL, MySQL, Sybase, Oracle Databases, ideally in Linux environments
- Strong working knowledge of Database platforms and its internal engine, storage & memory architecture/processes.
- Must be familiar with working and managing enterprise level mission critical databases with considerable size 2+ TBs
- Proven experience in DATAGUARD, SWITCHOVER, FAILOVER and Backup Restoration
- Should be a quick learner, willing to take initiative, enthusiastic about his work, determined and hard worker
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent analytical and communication/soft skills are required
- Proactive self-starter with the ability drive projects through to completion
- Challenging environment
- No non-sense culture
- Open doors
- Respect, dignity, and protection
- Training, mentoring, and coaching in soft and hard skills to transform you as a future leader
- Representation in external forums (University lecturers, advisory boards, etc.)
- Excellent rewards for out of the box thinker, doers, and implementers
- Equal opportunity, merit, and no Safarish culture
- CV shortlisting
- Initial interview
- IQ/Personality Assessment Tests
- Final interview
- Medical Screening